I make my triumphant return to blogging only to leave you all with much to be desired. Truth be told, I’ve been a busy gal! My four day trip to Cape May over the holiday weekend was nothing short of perfect. My mom and I settled into a nice little routine:
• Sleep in (and by sleep in I mean roll out of bed around 8:00, which is by all means late for me)
• Brunch (we tried out Zoe’s, the Mad Batter (pictured above) and our hotel’s restaurant Sea Salt)
• Laying on the beach until about 3:00 and soaking up all the rays (which lead to my subsequent sunburn)
• Drinks at the hotel pool bar
• Dinner (we ate at Sea Salt, 410 Bank Street, The Lobster House and Cucina Rosa)
Add in two runs (3 and 5 miles), a Bruce Springsteen cover band, fireworks, and a little dose of Johnny Depp in the form of Tonto and you have the makings of a pretty awesome beach getaway.
And now the week just drags on…